BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

So I need a break from writing my thesis paper so here I am! I feel a bit awful for saying that because I love my English class and teacher and am extremely excited about the paper I'm writing, but I have a short attention span, so there you go. My paper's on Oscar Wilde's defense of homosexuality in The Picture of Dorian Gray, and maybe I'm a bit of a dork but I'm really enjoying myself as I'm writing it. That is I'm enjoying myself except when I read over the part where I explain that Wilde was prosecuted and sentenced to hard labour for being gay. Anybody else getting really angry as they read that?

So in other news, I'm looking forward to the homework-less 4 day weekend I have coming up after finals next week, it's gonna be great. I think I'm going to read Why We Suck, by Denis Leary, who is extremely intelligent not only by celebrity standards but by normal people standards as well. If you haven't heard of it, Why We Suck basically spends 200 pages making fun of Americans and the 2o or so pages I've found time to read are quite hilarious. Especially lately, I've become quite skeptical about the society I live in, and also rather disillusioned about my own life and the people in it. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that the other day my father called gay marriage disgusting, not realizing I was trying to find a way to tell him I'm gay. I know it's really pathetic that I still haven't come out to my parents, but I'm not sure I can handle any more stress and I'm not sure how worth it it is at this point...

so yeah, back to my original point, society's far from perfect, and I love poking holes in its madness, which is why I can't wait to read this book. Then again, there's a good chance I'll just end up watching hours of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and spending iTunes money I got for Christmas... Any musical suggestions? I'm kinda leaning toward the indie vein at the moment - death cab for cutie, Regina Spektor <3, imogen heap, bright eyes etc. so anything along those lines would be welcomed.

So I found my costume for SOS last week (a sexy little red dress, I might add green leggings if I can find any) and I can't wait for the show, it's gonna be fantastic. My version of Mrs. Claus is extremely sassy and honestly, I think she's on the verge of leaving Santa, which would be the best choice she ever made since he's a fat, bitter drunk. (sorry kids). Well, I'm kinda tired of rambling now, so I'm going to go finish writing about Dorian Gray and gay rights!
TaTa <3

0 comments: